Follow in the Footsteps of Hobbits, Dwarfs, Elves and Men. The tour cover a lot of ground on the tour, but there is enough time to explore; recreate scenes for yourself and work out how the movies were made. Due to our small group size we are the specialist in getting you amongst the action whilst enjoying a personal experience. The scenery of Wellington mirrors that of Middle Earth.
- Take a short trip to Miramar, the home of the Wellington film industry.
- You can watch a behind the scenes documentary that details the history of the Weta company, from its origins through to present day, and enjoy the “Windows into Workshop” tour.
- Lunch is included in the price of your tour.
- Starting at the Hutt River, see where the Fellowship voyaged down the Great River Anduin towards Amon Hen.
- The Gardens of Isengard where Gandalf sought advice from Saruman the White about the Ring before Saruman’s orc army destroy the gardens.
- You also see the quarry used to film Helm’s Deep and Minas Tirith before being dropped off back in town.
- Tour departs between 8.30am ~ 9.00am from City accommodation
- Tour returns between 4.30 ~ 5.00pm
- Film locations are off road across unsealed, sloping paths
- Not suitable for wheelchairs, walkers or people of limited mobility
- NZ$210.00 per person
- Children (3 - 12 years old): NZ$105.00 per person, must travel with paying adult
- Infants (2 Years old and under) FREE (Only 1 free participant with each paying adult)