Unique Jet Boat & Wilderness Walk LOTR tour. Wanaka River Journeys offers jet boat tours on the Matukituki River, Mount Aspiring National Park. The only Jet Boat company in New Zealand to see glaciers. Our half day Journey, the “Jet Boat & Wilderness Walk” showcases the special nature and adventure activities on visitors wish lists while in New Zealand. We travel by jet boat into snow covered mountain scenery, past lord of the rings and Hobbit film locations with views of Mount Aspiring, Hanging Glaciers and waterfalls, with local & informative guides.
- Location: The Matukituki River.
- HALF DAY Jet Boating adventure in New Zealand
- Spectacular scenery of Glaciers & Lord of the Rings film locations
- Departure: 10 am
- Duration: 4 hours
- Pick up point is at 99 Ardmore street outside of the i-site 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Long term car parking is on the lake edge outside of the CBD opposite the Green Parkland.
Jet Boat past Rocky Mountain (fellowship heading south from Rivendell) and it was also the location of the watchtower of Amon Sul where Frodo was stabbed by the Ringwraiths Buchanan Range ( various scenery shots throughout the movies), Mt Aspiring ( opening shot 2 nd movie Gandalf flying on eagle), Treble cone ( big scenes of hobbits being chased down the mountain with the Matukituki Valley below.
- NZ$239.00 per person
- Children (8 - 15 years old): NZ$139.00 per person
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children): NZ$649.00