One Day in Middle Earth
This tour is the only one-day tour to include all LOTR/Hobbit move locations in Queenstown, Glenorchy, and Arrowtown.
Travel deep into Middle Earth and visit the landscape that inspired Peter Jackson’s film locations for The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Local knowledgeable guides compliment this family operated business, making for a true New Zealand experience. Small personalised groups and a delicious picnic to satisfy even a Hobbit.
In the morning, we travel to locations used for filming the lord of the rings trilogy around Queenstown. See and experience some of the spectacular landscapes featured in the films such as The Argonath (Pillars of the King), The Gladden fields and the Ford of Bruinen. Our knowledgeable guides will share information about each location and help uncover the secrets behind how each area was transformed into Middle Earth and let you relive the action for your own camera.
In the afternoon, Journey with us deep into Middle Earth, encounter Isengard, Amon Hen, Lothlorien Forest, The Misty Mountains and Ithilien! Also visit a location from the recently filmed The Hobbit. Stories and secrets will be shared by guides who have great insight into the filming.
Experience some of the world’s most spectacular scenery in the Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and along NZ’s most scenic highway. You will come away with the most amazing photos.
- Take in the diverse landscape of an ancient beech forest, braided rivers and glacier-carved valleys.
- Explore the unique flora and fauna and get up close to animals and birdlife.
- Explore Gladden Fields, Ford of Bruinen and Argonath, Isengard, Amon Hen, Lothlorien Forest, the Misty Mountains and Ithilien in one day
- Handle and photograph $15000 worth of weapon and costumes
- Weapons include: Anduril, Hadhafang, Sting, Gimli's Axe, Herugrim, Aragorn's Hunting Knife, The White Knives, Eowyn's Sword, Boromir's Sword and Narsil
- View "Top Secret" items from the movies
- Entertaining and Knowledgeable guides. Your guide will help you relive the action for your camera
- Travel in small groups for a personal and interactive experience
- Exclusive souvenir package with 3 items
Pick ups in Queenstown.
Returns at approximately 5pm.
- Locations: Arrowtown and Kawarau River; Glenorchy and Paradise
- Daily departure at 8AM from outside The Station info building in Queenstown
- Tour length: approx. 8 hours
- Snack included: sandwich, fruit, a bottle of water
- 1.5 hours break in Queenstown in the middle of the day for table lunch (BYO) or other arrangements
Suggested to bring
A camera, sensible shoes, water bottle, a jacket, sunglasses, and a smile
The tour operates on the availability
AM tour departs the Station at 8 am and returns at 12noon.
Then leaves the Station at 1:30pm, returns at 5 pm
AM tour departs the Station at 8 am and returns at 11:30 am.
Then leaves the Station at 1:45pm, returns at 6 pm
- NZ$299.00 per person
- Children (8 - 15 years old): NZ$180.00 per person
- Under 7's: NZ$90.00 per person