Into the Vale of Wizards
Our Glenorchy tour offers stunning views for everyone. But for Lord of the Rings fans this is Paradise. Explore the filming locations of Ithilien, Isengard, Fangorn forest and Zirak Zigil.
We also offer you an exclusive location: Beorns house from the Hobbit films. Step onto the exact location where Beorns house was built where only we have the exclusive access onto this private land. You will also see Narnia and Wolverine. Our knowledgeable guides will show you how the beautiful landscapes were used to bring Middle Earth to life.
Lunch included looking over mount Earnslaw.
- Explore Isengard, Ithilien, Fangorn Forest, Gandalf rides to Isengard in Nan Curunir
- We now have an exclusive location Beorn's House as seen in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Beorn's House is on private property and we have exclusive access onto this wonderful site with behind the scenes photos of construction
- Paradise was not only used for the famous Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit we will also see scenes from Narnia, Waterhorse and Xmen: Wolverine
- Entertaining and knowledgeable guides can discuss in as much depth as you like about all the Lord of the Rings gossip and behind the scenes stories
- Handle and photograph weapons from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Lunch in a restaurant with views of Mount Earnslaw
- Exclusive souvenir package with 3 items
- Please note all film sets were removed after filming
Pick ups in Queenstown/Wanaka
for the full-day tour.
Returns at approximately 5pm.
- Locations: 12 Mile Delta, Wakatipu, Glenorchy and Paradise
- Daily departure at 10 am from Queenstown central. For Wanaka pick up/drop off please contact us to arrange.
- Restuarant lunch
- Returns Queenstown central approximately 5:30 pm
Exclusive souvenirs Only available in the one-day tour
- NZ$299.00 per person
- Children (8 - 15 years old): NZ$170.00 per person
- Under 7's Free (Only 1 free participant with each paying adult)